About Me

I like to complain about stuff and try a little to fix it. If I could make a living that way, so much the better. This blog reflects my opinions and is in no way affiliated with any other companies.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Getting Started

I'm not one much for getting started on a project. Particularly when there are couches to be lounged upon and books to be read. But I realized that part of my truly embracing spinsterhood is to truly make my home MY home.

In the three years I've had my townhouse, I've become an expert at toilet repair because my toilets are not good and yet I become accustomed to flushing them on a regular basis. As a result, my mastery of life skills includes not only the ability to use semicolons correctly, but also to repair toilet chains, flushers, and those black bubble looking things as well.

But that's about it. For nearly every other repair I've waited for my father to make a space in his very full schedule to help me out. Now that he's almost 70 and I'm still relatively young, it doesn't seem right to make him do all of my work for me. Now I just have to decide what to do first. Inside or outside? Hmmm. I'm making my decision today and getting to work on my first project this week.

No comments: