About Me

I like to complain about stuff and try a little to fix it. If I could make a living that way, so much the better. This blog reflects my opinions and is in no way affiliated with any other companies.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Maples 2. Spinstermiss 0.

Well, this is embarrassing. I have not done one scrap of yard work this entire summer.

The good news is that I have watched a tremendous number of gardening shows on HGTV and that other newer hip network whose name constantly escapes me. You know, they have a lot of international programming. So instead of filling a planter with about a gallon of potting soil there's some metric reference like liters or mms.

Yesterday I saw a show devoted to planter gardens, and I totally want to do that. At some point. Speaking of planters. My sprouty daisy-looking perennials don't look like they're going to make it until next year. I'm thinking if I let those plants die, then I can use those v. nice containers for something a little less leggy looking next year.

But at this point, I really just want to read mysteries, lounge, and NOT train for the 5K I've signed up to do in September. (What is the inner meaning that my initial spelling was sighed up?)

The good news is, the maple sprouts seem to be battling it out in a turf war, so there do seem to be fewer of them.

The bad news is that they seem to be coming closer to the house. I hope that they're not coming for me.

No comments: